- Sydney, NSW, Australia
- Traditional Explore more genres
- About Freshwater
Band members: Sisters Lucy Simpson (vocals, Yuwaalaraay nation), Nardi Simpson (vocals and guitar, Yuwaalaraay nation with ties to Gamilaraay country), Jilda Simpson (vocals, Yuwaalaraay nation) and best friend Kaleena Briggs (vocals, Yorta Yorta / Wiradjuri nation).
The Freshwater girls sing their songs in all four languages.
Freshwater was formed in 2005.
Album formats explained Explain formats
- 10": 10 inch vinyl records were played at 45 or 33 1/3 rounds per minute (rpm). The former could hold 9, the latter 12 minutes of music per side.
- 7": 7 inch records (often referred to as 45s) were played at 45 rpm or 33 1/3 rpm, with about 4:30 or 6 minutes of music per side.
- LP: Long play, is a vinyl record played at 33 1⁄3 rpm with a 12 or 10-inch diameter.
- EP: Extended play, are vinyl records that allowed two or even three songs on each side.
- River Song
- Bila Mying
- Yil Lull
Note that the CD is not available in the shops, email: [email protected]
Find Freshwater albums & CDs
Disclosure: I get commissions for purchases made through any album links.
Use the Aboriginal music timeline to view albums over time.