- Explore more genres
- About Various
These albums contain tracks by various Australian Aboriginal artists.
See also the albums listed under Soundtracks of Aboriginal movies.
Album formats explained Explain formats
- 10": 10 inch vinyl records were played at 45 or 33 1/3 rounds per minute (rpm). The former could hold 9, the latter 12 minutes of music per side.
- 7": 7 inch records (often referred to as 45s) were played at 45 rpm or 33 1/3 rpm, with about 4:30 or 6 minutes of music per side.
- LP: Long play, is a vinyl record played at 33 1⁄3 rpm with a 12 or 10-inch diameter.
- EP: Extended play, are vinyl records that allowed two or even three songs on each side.
Buried Country 1.5 - The Story of Aboriginal Country Music
- 30 October 2015
- Vic Simms - Get Back Into the Shadows (1973)
- Jimmy Little - Shadow of the Boomerang (1960)
- Black Allan Barker - Run Dingo Run (1983)
- Lionel Rose - Jackson’s Track (1972)
- Vic Simms - Hey Sheriff (1988)
- Warumpi Band - Jailanguru Pukarnu (1984)
- Mop & the Drop-Outs - Brisbane Blacks (1982)
- Kankawa Nagarra - Nyantu Yangka Parlaa (2013)
- Ali Mills - Waltjimn Bat Matilda (2010)
- Maisie Kelly - My Home in the Valley (1999)
- Kev Carmody - You Beautiful (2003)
- Country Outcasts - Blue Gums Calling Me Back Home (1981)
- Gus Williams - Old Aboriginal Stockman (1994)
- Isaac Yamma - Pitjantjatjarra Boy (1983)
- Auriel Andrew - Ghost Gums (2013)
- Roger Knox & Euraba - Koorie Rose (1984)
- Tracey Lee - Gray Streets of Tamworth (1988)
- Mac Silva - Malabar Mansion (1988)
- Ruby Hunter - Women’s Business (1994)
- Tiddas - Inside My Kitchen (1992)
- Troy Cassar-Daley - Proud Young Man (1990)
- Rug Cutters - Land Where the Crow Flies Backwards (2015)
- Roger Knox - Wayward Dreams (2012)
- Lionel Rose - I Thank You (1969)
- Pigram Brothers - Barefoot Kid (1998)
- Naomi Pigram - Hurts to Be Me (2009)
- Warren Williams w. John Williamson - Raining on the Rock (1998)
- Peter Brandy - Long Time Ago (2008)
- Kutcha Edwards - Get Back Up (2012)
- Dan Sultan - Old Fitzroy (2010)
- L.J. Hill - Pretty Bird Tree (2009)
- Frank Yamma - She Cried (2010)
- Tom Lewis - Two Dollar (2006)
- John Bennett - Wangkaja (2011)
- Sue Ray - Red Roses (2011)
- Benny Walker - Time (2015)
- Thelma Plum - Around Here (2013)
- Leah Flanagan - September Song (2010)
- Archie Roach - Big Black Train (2012)
- Painted Ladies - Stranger in My Country (2014)
- Glenn Skuthorpe - Great Beyonder (2013)
- Jimmy Little - Yorta Yorta Man (2008)
- Theona Councillor - Cover Me (2007)
Buried Country 1.5 is called '1.5' because it’s not all-new – if it was it would warrant the '2' suffix – but it is rather a remix, with about half the tracks from the 2000 original now joined by new songs that were released since.
The 2000 compilation was originally released in conjunction with a book and documentary of the same name.
- 30 June 2017
- Jimblah - My Island Home
- Birdz - Sunset Dreaming (Djapana Remix)
- Robbie Miller - Solid Rock
- Dhapanbal Yunupingu - Maralitja
- Apakatjah - The Dead Heart
- Benny Walker - Where Did You Sleep Last Night?
- Philly - Yil Lull
- Kuren - Own Backyard
- Emily Wurramara - Black Boy
- Yirrmal - Blackfella Whitefella
- Daen - River of Fearz (feat. Kev Carmody)
- Gawurra - When the War Is Over
Deadly Hearts 2
- 5 July 2019
- Electric Fields - Vision (Original: Lajamanu Teenage Band)
- Alice Skye - Speak Your Language (Original: Leah Flanaghan)
- Busby Marou - Lonesome But Free (Original: Troy Cassar-Daly)
- Dan Sultan - Fitzroy Crossing (Original: WarumpiBand)
- Tia Gostelow - Around Here (Original: Thelma Plum)
- Dallas Woods - Get By [Feat. Jerome Farah] (Original: Talib Kweli)
- Nooky - Blackfellas (Original: Local Knowledge)
- HVWKS - Love Me Less [Feat. Jamie-Rose] (Original: One Day)
- Dobby - We Have Survived (Original: No Fixed Address)
- Radical Son - Walking into Doors (Original: Archie Roach)
Find Various albums & CDs
Disclosure: I get commissions for purchases made through any album links.
Use the Aboriginal music timeline to view albums over time.